Thursday, February 01, 2007

5 Things on Thursday

  • Not to get tin-foil hatty, but was the Sternbot's egregious suspension (more here of Kobe Bryant (seriously, it's basketball. You get hit in the face. It happens) some kind of backhanded (pardon the pun) ploy to rehabilitate the image of the man DLIC calls Bean Thousand? Is it mere coincidence that the next game he got "MVP" chants. On the road. In Boston?
  • How did my dentist just find me? I don't open the mail from you, I don't call, I don't write. Some might call this stalking. Needless to say, I now have an appointment in a few weeks.
  • Speaking of weird basketball happenings, this involves the worst dive I've seen since the World Cup. What is it about West Virginia and massively hyped basketball prodigies? More here. [Update: in comments, Icepick makes the not unreasonable point that Iverson is from Hampton, VA. To which I respond in two ways. A) Shut up. B) I meant the western part of both Virginias, obviously.]

8 comments:

reader_iam said...

And Greenwald moves to Salon. You'll hate my take. At least you won't mind going to the dentist so much anymore (if that's what you were implying).

Icepick said...

What's AI got to do with West Virginia? Don't you mean Jason Williams?

Rickey said...

Yo--Rickey digs your blog. Check out Rickey's sometime:

http://ridingwithricky.blogspot.com/

Icepick said...

B) I meant the western part of both Virginias, obviously.

Dude, Hampton is about as far east as one can get in Virginia. Feel free to keep digging, though!

Pooh said...

It's West of the ocean. What do you want from me?

Icepick said...

That's funny! As I posted the last comment my wife said, "Maybe he means west of the Atlantic Ocean." She also said, "What do you expect from a bear of very little brain?"

Pooh said...

Why does your wife hate America?

Icepick said...

Her response: "Because they haven't elected me King."

She's promised me the job of Royal Consort and Lord High Executioner.

(And don't bother bringing up the king-queen thing. She insists that queens don't get the same kind of respect - Helen Mirrin excepted.)