Friday, February 09, 2007

Karma

Injuries are never funny. Except when they are.

Tyrus Thomas on being invited to the NBA Slam Dunk Contest:
"I'm just going to go out there, get my check and call it a day," Thomas said.

Asked if an opportunity to rub elbows with some of the game's greats could be beneficial for a rookie, Thomas kept unlacing.

"I'm just into the free money," he said. "That's it. I'll just do whatever when I get out there."
Tyrus Thomas, trying to get some in-game practice:

2 thoughts. First, the Kevin Martin 3 at the other end is about an 85% shot in that situation. Shaq probably makes 3 of 5 from there in this sequence. Second:


Update: As about 7,000 people have pointed out, the best thing to come out of this might be James White in the Dunk Contest. If he catches the third one in this video, it will be the greatest dunk I've ever seen...

2 comments:

Icepick said...

No way. To classify as the "Greatest Dunk Ever" it will have to come in a game situation. Also, it needs to be at least nominally contested. Or are we going to start talking about guys that play a great game of HORSE being great shooters?

No, give me several of these. And there's always this.

Anonymous said...

And if you're in "CTC" mode, at least be a good player, or someone I've heard of.