Tuesday, July 11, 2006

An Announcement of Sorts

So, now that the World Cup is over, I can return to my normal fare...except, I can't. Not talking about certain things for a month has given me a slight bit of distance and perspective, and I don't feel that I can sanely discuss certain topics with any degree of regularity. Politics for one, because when it comes right down to it, I'm a diletante, and if you are reading this, it's more than likely than you are too. So instead of the blind leading (antagonizing?) the blind, I'll try to keep myself to topics about which I can speak knowledgeably. Nothing. No, that doesn't mean I'm quitting, it just means that like Seinfeld (a show I generally could not stand...) I operate best in zones of irrelevance. So, movies, books, sports, and random observations - yes. Outrage and such? Only when I can no longer contain myself in comment threads.

8 comments:

Icepick said...

So instead of the blind leading (antagonizing?) the blind....

I prefer to think of it as the deaf shouting at the deaf. Somehow that seems more futile. Point taken, however.

Tom Strong said...

I prefer to think of it as the deaf shouting at the deaf.

That's perfect - especially given the absence of actual sound in most blogs.

Icepick said...

I did mention the futility.

Icepick said...

Or rather, I DID MENTION THE FUTILITY!!!!!

cakreiz said...

So tonight's MLB's big game in Pittsburgh. Did you go to the game?

Pooh said...

Though I was in Pittsburgh (and in fact in PNC - nice park...) last week, "The 'Burg" refers to Anchorage, AK (AKA Anchorburg, or perhaps Anchorberg as in ice-)

cakreiz said...

Ya know, I've seen references to Alaska and figured you were up there on business. I honestly thought Pittsburgh played into this whole thing. Jesus fucking Christ (shaking his head in shame).

A liberal lawyer in the biggest Red State of them all? Hopefully you own a gun.

Ahistoricality said...

I don't know how the deaf feel about the correction, but I've seen the blind lead the blind, and it's not that bad. You're in more danger in a dark room, because you don't know how to navigate without sight.