Tuesday, August 22, 2006

An Experiment

As some might know, a few months ago I was invited to hang with a group of somewhat similarly minded Balloon Juice commenters (read: dirty hippies) to have a little fun. This good clean fun manifested itself in a parody blog, which though fun while it lasted didn't seem to satisfy any of us.

So in the course of discussions, we decided to start a group blog. And what do we call ourselves? The Kakistocrats!

What, you may ask, is a Kakistocrat? Well, it comes from a combination of the marvelous film The Aristocrats and Mr. Furious's nomination for 2006 word of the year: Kakistocracy:
kakistocracy (kak·is·toc·ra·cy) n.
Government by the least qualified or most unprincipled citizens.
Obviously, this is going to be a left-leaning site, but given the private emails within the group, we are hardly homogenous in terms of viewpoints, experiences or opinions. I think the topics will be all over the map - I certainly don't plan to change my oevre (I love that word...) and other members have interests which range from computer programming to local politics (a subject I hope to tackle more in about two weeks - pesky 'ethics rules'...) There's even at least one Canadian! Who let the Commie in?

Cross-posted at Kakistocracy. All my posts over there can be found here

No comments: