Sunday, October 30, 2005

I Leave For a Few Days and Everything Goes to Hell

So, having just returned from dominating the shitbox at Nationals, (that's 16th out of 16. Good times...of course, we were beating the team that won the whole thing 13-12 before losing 16-14 in our first game. Best. Losers. Ever.) I get the stunning news scoops. Harriet Miers quits, er withdraws, Scooter gets indicted


(would you trust this guy?), and the vultures circle over the Prince Of Darkness.

In local news, the Alaska Supreme Court ruled 5-0 that rules and regulation prohibiting same-sex couples from getting spousal employment benefits are unconsitutional. The proverbial shit will hit the proverbial fan on this one, mark my words (Chief Justice Roberts, clean up on aisle 49...). This one seems to have slipped under the radar for just now, but with my bestest ConLaw professor, ever, Dale Carpenter guest blogging about same sex marriage at Volokh starting this week, it might get mentioned once or twice.

(Side note: I'm not sure why I get so worked up about the whole SSM thing. The only way it can possibly effect me is if my gay friends start getting married and then I need to buy even more wedding gifts. Which would be tough, living on a budget and all...But at the same time, who are you to tell me what to do in my own house?)

Oh yeah, the White Sox won the WS. In another one run game completely lacking in tension. Some teams you just know don't have it, and the Astros didn't. (Of course, the Marlins have won two, and the only it they seem to have is a super-annuated fanbase...)

But perhaps the most important development of the week that was is my new role as a contributor over at 6'2". Apparently, I'm supposed to add 'humor', or something with similarly great taste with less calories.

No comments: