Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I Came Back For This?

Another day, another courageous stand by my main man, Arlen Specter
A last-minute deal Tuesday with Vice President Cheney averted a possible confrontation between the Senate Judiciary Committee and U.S. telephone companies about the National Security Agency's database of customer calling records.

The deal was announced by Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa., the committee chairman, and Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah. They said Cheney, who plays a key role supervising NSA counterterrorism efforts, promised that the Bush administration would consider legislation proposed by Specter that would place a domestic surveillance program under scrutiny of a special federal court. (emphasis mine)
Consider? Is that greater than or less than 'faithfully executing,' as only a Unitary Executive can do? And while we're considering, isn't their already a law that places "domestic surveillance program[s] under scrutiny of a special federal court?" I'm sure I read about that one somewhere...

It's not like I have reason to suspect 'consider' means 'ignore', do I?

(H/T Timmeh!)

No comments: