- Forbes is hacked off (free reg. req) at bloggers. Cathy Young answers back with typical intelligence and restraint. (She also ponders the essential question, does crystal meth eat away at your leg bones?)
- Nothing like Gitmo to take the 'fun' out of fundamentalism. (head nod: Tom Tommorow).
- Also from This Modern World, Bob Harris takes a Daily Show-like look at Bush's latest polling numbers.
- LawDork alert: My ConLaw and First Amendment Prof. persuasively log-cabined his way through the SSM debate over at Volokh last week. And then admitted that he "doubt[s] this issue will be decided on the basis of debaterish points and arguments". But in case we need them, here they are (and here, here, here, here, here, and here as well).
- In case you missed it, Civilization 4 came out (er, in light of the previous item, 'was released',) last week. Of course, mine barely works, thanks to my love of bad music. (The fact that my
brainlaptop is dying a slow death doesn't help either.)
- My dad and the SlatRat are maybe going to adopt a dog. A big dog:
"I will hug him and squeeze him and name him George..."