So, back from the weddingy-vacationy thingee. So much to catch up. Unfortunately, most of it is work/job-search related, but hopefully, I'll have the time to touch on a few things in the near future:
1. The fact that it snowed yesterday in Anchorage.
2. It was 70 in Minneapolis yesterday. In a related note, I played golf on Sunday, had my first career birdie. How much of a hack am I that that even warrants public mention?
3. Lest ye not have a calendar in front of you, yesterday was May 8th. Snow. I wonder how this affects the "should I stay or should I go?" calculus...
4. A few more books down in the 50 in 52 challenge.
5. I went to church for the first time in who knows how long. (Lengthy post...or two...on this to follow)
As for the wedding itself - fun but nothing too crazy. "D.J. Steve" didn't help us out much. (I don't think his name was actually Steve, but 'DJ Steve' is my name for any wedding DJ his highest aspiration is to be a morning top 40 host - "DJ STEVE here with you this MORning at SIX O'CLOCK. We're GOnna send some COLDplay out to all the LOVEly LAdies this morning at one-DOUBLE-O-three....THE BUZZ/BEAT/GROOVE/SMOOVE/," etc. I'm sure you know the type.
For those of you getting married, entering the reception to "Jock Jams" with NBA style pregame intros is a bad idea. Especially if one or more members of the wedding party is actually an NBA player - that's just weird. (No starbanging stories from me, I'll leave it to Mr. Googly-Eyes to come forth with those.)