Apparently, I've been challenged to a brawl, (what are these Queensbury Rules of which you speak, Bob?) In order to prepare, this week's ten comes from my Eye of the Tiger, pre-fight, Pump (no, not the Aerosmith album) mix.
1. "London Calling" - The Clash. Man, if this is as fired up as I'm going to get, I'm in for an asswhuppin'. 5/10
2. "All Along the Watchtower" - Jimi. Is it me or is the now the standard "just found out my wife/gf is cheating on me with my best friend and I'm driving through the pooring rain to kill the bastard" soundtrack? It is, right? 8/10.
3. "Guildford Fall Demo" - Fugazi. And something like this song for when I actually do kill the bastard. Starts of all dark and jangly, then it gets a little funky and good to me. Slightly disconcering in the context of this list. 7/10.
4. "Closer" - Nine Inch Nails. Oh, it is SO ON. 10/10.
5. "What I Like About You" - The Romantics. Peaked to soon, I fear. (Man I have some crappy jock rock on my iPod...I'm shamed and chagrined). 4/10.
6. "Beautiful Day (Quincey & Sonance Mix)" - U2. Oonce oonce oonce oonce. Oonce oonce oonce oonce. Where's my glowstick? 5/10.
7. "Like a Stone" - Audioslave. Klosterman hates Audioslave. He also hates the blues. Therefore Audioslave is good...(or not, but I like their first album plenty) Not exactly TNT though as far as testosterone inducing...6/10
8. "Killing in the Name" - Rage Against the Machine. Oh it is SO ON AGAIN. 10/10.
9. "Good Ole Boys" - Me First & The Gimme Gimmes. 42 seconds. 42. That means something 9/10.
10. "Song 2" - Blur. Back in the day (i.e. college) we had a massive FIFA 98 World Cup tourney (with about 15 guys playing, going through qualifying and everything), and if my vidiot friends can remember, the soundtrack to the title sceen on the game was..."Song 2". WOO-HOO! (Game time. HUH!) 9/10.
7.3 average...Sideshow Bob brings it with...a forfeit? As my favorite character in Goldeneye for N64 might say "I'm invincible!"