Tuesday, April 18, 2006

"Strenous" Advocacy

Somehow, I don't think this is what is meant by going to the matt for your client:
COMES NOW counsel for Defendant, through his [sic] and respectfully requests this [c]ourt to Order a fistfight between [] . . . and [Defendant's counsel]
This was actually filed in court, though was later (wisely?) withdrawn. Link via Anderson with more (and darker) info here.

In other law-type news, I received my license today. It's smaller than I imagined it would be...

6 comments:

slickdpdx said...

Congratulations!

Ahistoricality said...

Congratulations indeed.

I think the fistfight might be a really nice addition to binding arbitration; not to determine who wins, but for emotional "closure"

Of course, I think dueling should be legal....

reader_iam said...

Congrats, Pooh! Another milestone achieved.

I hope you're out celebrating and not reading my little comment.

; )

Anonymous said...

Let me pile on some:

Congratulations!

Mr Furious said...

Yeah, one from me too...

Congratulations!

[take it on down to Kinko's and have 'em blow it up into wallpaper!]

Pooh said...

No sir, the great state of Minnesota! Ski-u-mah, my friends...

I'm guessing the jury box is really your first courtroom experience, J?