Friday, February 24, 2006

Big Music Friday: Themeless Wonder

Shuffling with Iggy iPod...no whammys no whammys no whammys STOP!

  1. "Boom Boom" - Big Head Todd and the Monsters w/ John Lee Hooker - From the soundtrack of "The Waterboy", a movie I thouroughly enjoyed, and I'm not ashamed to say it. Solid soundtrack as well.
  2. "Cabron" - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Just a goofy little ditty, which is the kind of thing a long-running band can get away with after having been on top forever.
  3. "In The Hall of the Mountain King" - Edvard Grieg. If there has ever been a piece of evil which proclaimed "nefarious scheming in progress" this is it. Hence it's appearance in about a gazillion movie trailers.
  4. "The Magnificient Seven" - The Clash.
  5. "Break" - The Kleptones - From "A Night At The Hip-Hopera", a mash-up album, (which I may or may not have acquired legally, so far as you know) putting rap vocals over some of Queen's more operatic instrumentals. This one features the Beasties, primarily "Body Movin'". My favorite track has ODB's "I Got Your Money" over "Another One Bites the Dust".
  6. "American Idiot" - Green Day.
  7. "Back In Black (Live)" - AC/DC.
  8. "Killing in the Name" - Rage Against the Machine. Wow, the iPod got a little ornery just there. I need to go smash something now. My dander is up.
  9. "Midnight Rider" - Allman Brothers. Suggested as an alterantive to Skynard for the hillbilly spot in my Blues Rock compilation from this week. Would have worked, especially this song.
  10. "Scenario" - A Tribe Called Quest Ft. Leaders of the New School - The song that brought Busta Rhymes to the masses. Fish-eye lensed videos ensued. And for the heck of it Q-Tip says:

It's the leader Quest mission and we got the goods here (here!)

Never on the left cause my right's my good ear (ear!)

I could give a damn about a ill subliminal

Stay away from crime cause I ain't no CRIMINAL

I love my young nation, groovy sensation

No time for hibernation, only elation

Don't ever try to test, the water little kid

Yo Mr. Busta Rhymes, tell him what I did

Yeah.

No comments: