Friday, February 24, 2006

Raised Eyebrow: Illinois Gubernatorial Edition

A few weeks ago I wondered if guests on the Colbert Report knew he was parodying a real news show. Apparently, not always at least as far as Colbert's partner in crime, The Daily Show, is concerned:
Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich wasn't in on the joke.

Blagojevich says he didn't realize "The Daily Show" was a comedy spoof of the news when he sat down for an interview that ended up poking fun at the sometimes-puzzled governor.

"It was going to be an interview on contraceptives ... that's all I knew about it," Blagojevich laughingly told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch in a story for Thursday's editions. "I had no idea I was going to be asked if I was 'the gay governor.' "
But in an age when The Onion is often the best prognosticator of future stories...

No comments: