- Via the official sister of WAPtm, Peanut Butter-Jelly Time. Which also gives me an excuse to say Victory is Mine!
- While watching the Pistons and Heat (thankfully neither squad is wearing throwbacks), I've decided that as far as fan involvement gimmicks go, "DEE-TROIT basket-BALL" is alright. Certainly better than Thundestix, miles ahead of "Who's Your Daddy?" but perhaps not quite as cool as "You'll Never Walk Alone" or (my personal favorite) the All Blacks Haka.
- Speaking of NBA hoops, the Pistons are good. Very good. And now that Flip is actually letting them play on offense, they are fun to watch as well. At least three of their starters are significantly better than their modest stats would suggest - 'Sheed, Prince and, most especialy, Chauncey Billups. Somehow, some have suggested that Gilbert Arenas is better than Billups. Of course, Tim Legler is comparing Arenas to KB8, so the disease is apparently spreading.
- FWIW, the new Rolling Stones Album, "A Bigger Bang" is quite good. But the "Rareties" is spectacular. Mick strutting to "Mannish Boy" and the live "Beast of Burden" are great, but the best song is almost gospel take on "Tumbling Dice".
- Finally, a quick movie pick "Serenity", the film sequel to the "Firefly" series. As this review notes, Serenity is far closer in spirit or tone to the original Star Wars than any of the three steaming piles of digitally-enhanced dung (with some redeeming
Natalie Portmanqualities) George Lucas has shovelled out. Fox is showing a disturbing habit of developing and then cancelling the better shows on network TV - Family Guy, Arrested Development, etc.