As for the Zags, I love Adam Morrison. I love his terrible hair, porn-stache and pigeon towed running style. That being said, Gus Johnson needs to slow his roll with the Larry Bird comparisons. Admittedly, going down the checklist
- Small town hick, (he's from Spokane) - check
- Making a small school big time - half-check.
- Genius level basketball IQ - 175, Check (I love when the nations leading scorer gets 5-10 per game on back door cuts)
- Ugly, not-especially-athletic white kid with bad hair and a worse stache - check, check and CHECK
- As Bill Raftery would say "ONIONS" - Big bad check
As a final hoops note of the day. David Stern should be fined under the League's dress code for approving certain throwbacks:
The Wizards/Bullets look like they are wearing workout gear from a NASCAR pit crew. As for the Stags/Bulls, I can't even come up with an analogy. It's almost like they have boxing shorts (notice the foot thick wasteband) over wrestling singlets.
He's also culpable for allowing the Kings to rock these monstrosities:
This still photo doesn't do justice to how awful these are in motion.