Friday, January 06, 2006

Self-Requited Narcicism.

Undoubtedly, blogging is an intensely ego driven activity. I mean, why the hell should anyone care what I have to say right? (Aside from my omniscience and infallible judgment, of course). Plus there are all these goodies, you got your sitemeter, you got your TTLB Ecosystem (Flippery Fish! [cheap shot] Damnit, it only I had Designed this site more Intelligently, I'd be more highly evolved...[/cheap shot]) so that you can engage in silent competition with your fellow keyboard jockeys. But I think most people keep some degree of perspective as to their own importance. Sometimes, however, we lose said perspective. One of my favorite bloggers seems to have done just that:
I say to the guy who's here right now taking a picture of me blogging for the local newspaper. He set up some lights, he said, to make the photograph interesting with the lighting because, "just a gal sitting at a computer isn't very interesting."
This is the blogging equivalent of the yahoo behind home plate who spends all game on his cell phone. "Hey guys, you see me? I'm on TV! I'M FAMOUS!"

Ms. Althouse, in the words of the Poetic/Actor/Role-Model Ice Cube, "Check yo self before you wreck yo self."


No comments: